Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Drove 45 miles for meat!!!

Am I the only one who will drive that far for quality meat? I walked in and a smile appeared ear to ear. I bought one of their packages- brats, chicken breasts, hot dogs, bacon, ground beef, burgers, sausage, & steak. Great prices, great selection (overwhelming to say the least). Now to come up with what to cook first?
image.jpg 766.6K

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,710
    One of the butchers I visit is about that far from home, but they are on the way to work. I usually stop by on my way home.
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Nice score

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I have learnt the advantage of buying fresh local meats and poultry !!  Makes a major difference in the end result.....
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    I agree I go about 30 miles to my pork butcher and get beef and chicken from a different butcher about 15 miles away. More expensive than mega store but makes a huge difference in quality. Plus I'd rather support a dying breed, the local butcher.
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 471
    Have driven 90 miles to Stratford Ontario to a Mennonite meat market. Almost due for the yearly run of the Great Ontario Meat Hunt.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Glad I'm not the only one. Plus it's worth the drive. Meat tastes better and it the same price or less than the local stores.
  • DeckhandDeckhand Posts: 318
    Drove 40 mi. one way to get 15 lb. of brisket points.  Worth it.  
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,690
    While there are several good butcher shops less than 10 miles away, I do drive 25 - 35 miles at least once a month. Have driven 90+ for really good sausage.
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 847
    We are lucky in that we have a great butcher shop about 15 minute drive from our house.  I buy  all our meat there if we have company and at least go a couple of times a month for our daily needs.