Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Drove 45 miles for meat!!!

Am I the only one who will drive that far for quality meat? I walked in and a smile appeared ear to ear. I bought one of their packages- brats, chicken breasts, hot dogs, bacon, ground beef, burgers, sausage, & steak. Great prices, great selection (overwhelming to say the least). Now to come up with what to cook first?
image.jpg 766.6K
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,414
    One of the butchers I visit is about that far from home, but they are on the way to work. I usually stop by on my way home.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Nice score

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I have learnt the advantage of buying fresh local meats and poultry !!  Makes a major difference in the end result.....
    ·
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    I agree I go about 30 miles to my pork butcher and get beef and chicken from a different butcher about 15 miles away. More expensive than mega store but makes a huge difference in quality. Plus I'd rather support a dying breed, the local butcher.
    ·
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 466
    Have driven 90 miles to Stratford Ontario to a Mennonite meat market. Almost due for the yearly run of the Great Ontario Meat Hunt.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • Glad I'm not the only one. Plus it's worth the drive. Meat tastes better and it the same price or less than the local stores.
    ·
  • DeckhandDeckhand Posts: 318
    Drove 40 mi. one way to get 15 lb. of brisket points.  Worth it.  
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,575
    While there are several good butcher shops less than 10 miles away, I do drive 25 - 35 miles at least once a month. Have driven 90+ for really good sausage.
    ·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 827
    We are lucky in that we have a great butcher shop about 15 minute drive from our house.  I buy  all our meat there if we have company and at least go a couple of times a month for our daily needs.

Gerhard
    ·