Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

FTC!

AltonAlton Posts: 432
Whats the longest has someone Foiled  and Chested their Brisket???? 
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,301
    4 hours.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,142
    edited March 2013
    4-5ish, we were traveling, id be scared to go much longer.  It was still hot to pull when we got there.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    6 hours, still nice and hot once it was dinner time.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    6 hours for a brisket. Still hot and fall apart goodness.
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    I needed to do mine 8 and it was Great... I was a little nervous that it was too long but, wow I was wrong
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    I have done one about 8 hours and it was the best brisket I ever made....
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Here is Naked Whiz's Cooler Holding Times to give you a more scientific answer. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • bccomstockbccomstock Posts: 335
    I was just wondering about this last night.. I pulled a low and slow 4 lb pork butt around 11 PM (had cooked for 10.5 hours) and wrapped it in foil.. I let it set for an hour and then thought about FTC'ing it until this morning, but I was worried that might not work so well..
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·