Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket?

Options
Alton
Alton Posts: 509
Im getting temps anywhere from 193 to 204 on my Brisket... The probe moves in and out easily in most parts for slab. Do i wait a little longer or is it ready to pull? Can i cook in too long? its only been around 10.5 hours

PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    What kind if thermometer? If regular IR, has it been calibrated? What is dome temp? Grate temp?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    And how big is brisket?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Alton
    Options
    @Chubbs 10.5 lbs.... used both an internal probe and an instant read. I was successful in keep the dome temp between 225 and never hotter than 250. 

I let it go just a little longer and pulled when all reading were above 200. it is now FTC until this evening.

Looks and smells awesome...ill just have to wait and see now.

[-O<
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    If its a thermapen, you should be fine to take it off.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Let us know what happens.
  • talltrevor
    Options
    I'd wrap it in heavy foil, throw it into a cooler with a couple of towels until it's time to eat.  Mine was in the cooler for 5 hours on Superbowl Sunday and it was still too hot to touch while cutting it.  It can only get more tender.  Do it.  :)
    I love my egg.
  • Alton
    Options
    I'd wrap it in heavy foil, throw it into a cooler with a couple of towels until it's time to eat.  Mine was in the cooler for 5 hours on Superbowl Sunday and it was still too hot to touch while cutting it.  It can only get more tender.  Do it.  :)
    Done!!! will let you know tonight how it turns out

• chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Options
    Did my first one today, it has been in cooler since 2pm, can't wait to try it out!
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Alton
    Options
    Did my first one today, it has been in cooler since 2pm, can't wait to try it out!
    Looks Great

• flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    Options
    7# brisket. Started its journey at 10 am CST foiled at 180F (got distracted in the yard) pulled at 205F at 1430 CST. Have to admit it was a tad dry. SWMBO and guests thought it was great. I knew better. But the sides rocked. Southern style cabbage, baked beans on the egg and cornbread.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    Options
    The whole meal.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • Alton
    Options
    One more time!!! The Brisket ROCKED... Slathered with yellow mustard, worcestershire and Brown sugar. Then rubbed with a Savory Pecan rub. Smoked @225 for 13 hrs until I had in internal temp of 205. Used Pecan and apple wood chucks for the smoke. FTC for around 8 hrs and here it is. Tender, Flavorful and Moist... Enjoyed with a bottle of Purple Cowboy Tenacious Red Wine. :-bd
  • Alton
    Options
    Here is a picture the wife took!