Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Paled comparisons Ha!

I haven't had my BGE very long, but I have cooked a number of meals on it.  Meals that exceed the offerings from various local restaurants, independents and chains.  I am now spoiled, and pass up the traditional eating out offerings that I enjoyed before using the egg.  Alas!  The egg has spoiled my palate!  But then again it is cheaper to cook it myself and get a better meal...(now if I would only tip myself!).
no, not -that- one!
KI4PSR
·

Comments

• johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,646
    I feel the same way Dave! I am addicted.
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    I am often tempted to put a tip jar next to my egg. :-)
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Its amazing how much you can tell the  difference in food after you start cooking on the egg, and you should always tip yourself,  even if it's a tip like, I should burp this egg before I open it.  :)
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,144
    You are going through the typical stages of egg ownership. Good Luck!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • I do and I don't feel that way. I do feel that way about the vast majority of restaurants that serve crummy food. I don't feel that way about the places we found that serve quality vittles. We've just become more choosey about where we eat out and the frequency we do it.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,304
    edited March 2013
    I'm with @fred19flintsone
    We have drastically cut our eatin out down and if/when we do eat out it is usually top notch, I'm past paying for something I can cook, and cook better. But there are still some things I love to go out and eat, also good to take the wife on dates every so often :\">

XLBGE 
    ·
  • Wilma was just saying to me, "What ever happened to Date Night?"

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,460
    We don't go out nearly as often as we use to either and when we do I always order something I have never seen or cooked before. Thursday we were in Ponte Vedra beach and they had sheepshead fish over grits. Oh my it was a first for me and I will be doing this at home - it was good eats. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    double said:
    I am often tempted to put a tip jar next to my egg. :-)
    I tried this and I emptied the bank account on myself.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·