Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Pizza

Cooked my first pizza tonight. I used a deep dish pizza pan and the pizza turned out real good. The only problem was with the 14" pan in my medium egg i could not get the temperature above 400 degrees. I had the bottom open and the top open but with the large pan I guess it blocked the airflow.  I had the plate setter legs down, the cast iron grill next and then the deep dish pizza pan.I guess I will have to get a 12" pizza stone for the next one. The pizza took 30 minutes to cook.  It looked great and tasted great.
Gulf Coast FL
Egg Pizza.jpg 106.8K
·

Comments

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,654
    Sounds like you are spot on with the airflow issue, it really does make a difference. Nice work for a first though.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    edited March 2013

You figured out the problem -- and it can happen with a CI grill full of rib eyes too!!  I found out the hard way.  The egg needs clearance to breath!!

PS: nice job on the pizza, looks very good!

·
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 1,650
    Great looking pie though. Looks like it was worth an extra 15 minutes from here, nice work.
    ·