Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Cook time questions

I just set up my new NanoQ to 250, I think. I put two half racks of ribs, two pork tenderloins, and two thick cut pork chops on. Any ideas on how long each will take? I know I need to cook to temp for each meat, but when should I start checking? Thanks in advance.
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
·

Comments

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,239
    I am just totally guessing but I would say 1.5-2 hours on the chops if they are over1.5" thick, around2.5 for the tenderloins and if spare ribs about 5 if baby backs about 4 but totally just a Jules's I haven cooked a tenderloin in like a year
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    What is the egg setup for?
    ·
  • PhiliciousPhilicious Posts: 310
    Charlie, what do you mean? I have platesetter in,soi am cooking indirect.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    My gess is the pork chops will be done first 135 degrees(20 minutes), then the tenderloin 140 degrees(35 minutes)  then the ribs -- time dependent on size -- a few hours !!???
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,239
    Yea 250 is low if I reverse sear a steak or chop anywhere from 1.5 inch and up at that temp it takes at least an hour to get to115
    ·
  • PhiliciousPhilicious Posts: 310
    Thanks for the input. The chops and tenderloins were done at the same time. Put 6 chicken breasts on too.
    ·