Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dr. BB's 50 clove chicken

Options
Luvmyegg
Luvmyegg Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Don't know whether I got 50 cloves in there (I used 4 heads), but it was fabulous, with a delicious smoky flavor. Even my kids had seconds! Best of all, everything I needed for the rub I had on hand so it was quick and easy. Mine cooked a little faster than expected, so the cloves hadn't mellowed completely, but I think that just added to the chicken's flavor. That is one fabulous book!

Comments

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Mornin' luvmyegg,
    Gotta link?
    Thanks,
    bruce

• Luvmyegg
    Luvmyegg Posts: 86
    Options
    badbruce,
    I don't have a link, so you should go buy the book! You will not be sorry. In the meantime, take a roasting chicken, season it all over with Dr. BBQ's herb rub, stuff the cavity with as many separated unpeeled cloves of garlic you can cram in there. Cook indirect at 325 until the breast reads 160. That will get you there until you get the book! The herb rub ingredients are not unusual, there are just a lot more of them than I have time to type right now.[p]Barbara

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    luvmyegg,[p]Thank you Barbara.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ