Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dr. BB's 50 clove chicken

LuvmyeggLuvmyegg Posts: 86
edited 10:22PM in EggHead Forum
Don't know whether I got 50 cloves in there (I used 4 heads), but it was fabulous, with a delicious smoky flavor. Even my kids had seconds! Best of all, everything I needed for the rub I had on hand so it was quick and easy. Mine cooked a little faster than expected, so the cloves hadn't mellowed completely, but I think that just added to the chicken's flavor. That is one fabulous book!
·

Comments

• badbrucebadbruce Posts: 353
    Mornin' luvmyegg,
    Gotta link?
    Thanks,
    bruce

·
  • LuvmyeggLuvmyegg Posts: 86
    badbruce,
    I don't have a link, so you should go buy the book! You will not be sorry. In the meantime, take a roasting chicken, season it all over with Dr. BBQ's herb rub, stuff the cavity with as many separated unpeeled cloves of garlic you can cram in there. Cook indirect at 325 until the breast reads 160. That will get you there until you get the book! The herb rub ingredients are not unusual, there are just a lot more of them than I have time to type right now.[p]Barbara

·
  • drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    luvmyegg,[p]Thank you Barbara.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
    ·