Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unhappy with iGrill: is it my fault?

Options
So I have had my iGrill a few months. Basic but overall I liked it. Doing pork butt today and doing turbo method. So egg is about 350. I have the iGrill hanging from S hook like always. Noticed was no longer connected to Bluetooth. I opened the back up bc it would power on. I put fresh batteries in this morn so thought was weird. Liquid everywhere, I assume battery acid. The batteries were burnt looking. The iGrill itself on outside wasn't really hot, plastic not melted and still very white. Am I wrong for assuming that was a good spot to hang? The probe cable isn't terrible long, and didn't want sitting on the shelf from nest bc then in direct sunlight. Now it isn't working and I will have to open egg lid to keep checking temp with thermo.
Boom

Comments

• khristyjeff
    khristyjeff Posts: 163
    Options
    I don't own one but wondered if your thinking is that the new batteries you installed were defective since the outside enclosure wasn't melted or anything.  I looked at their website but nothing similar to what you experienced.  Maybe clean out the inside, replace again with different batteries, then follow their instructions for resetting the unit. Good luck.  Hope your butt turns out great anyway!