Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cook time questions

I just set up my new NanoQ to 250, I think. I put two half racks of ribs, two pork tenderloins, and two thick cut pork chops on. Any ideas on how long each will take? I know I need to cook to temp for each meat, but when should I start checking? Thanks in advance.
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.

Comments

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,369
    I am just totally guessing but I would say 1.5-2 hours on the chops if they are over1.5" thick, around2.5 for the tenderloins and if spare ribs about 5 if baby backs about 4 but totally just a Jules's I haven cooked a tenderloin in like a year
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    What is the egg setup for?
  • PhiliciousPhilicious Posts: 319
    Charlie, what do you mean? I have platesetter in,soi am cooking indirect.
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    My gess is the pork chops will be done first 135 degrees(20 minutes), then the tenderloin 140 degrees(35 minutes)  then the ribs -- time dependent on size -- a few hours !!???
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,369
    Yea 250 is low if I reverse sear a steak or chop anywhere from 1.5 inch and up at that temp it takes at least an hour to get to115
  • PhiliciousPhilicious Posts: 319
    Thanks for the input. The chops and tenderloins were done at the same time. Put 6 chicken breasts on too.