Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Updates from Sunshine State and Salado Eggfests

As one of the Unfortunates who won't be at either, can someone please be so inclined to send an updated to the first nights on site.
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
Tampa Bay, FL
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,672
    I'm hammered and getting my stuff ready for day two. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    edited March 2013
    5:30 Salado Party people just starting to get here. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 889
    Love it.  Thanks for the update for us sad few who are unable to attend BOTH great parties.  Step it up Sunshine
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,267
    My wife and I had to cancel this morning for Sunshine due to a sick kid, so we are going to have to attend vicariously through those that HAVE their act together! Rub it in, rub it in!
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,952
    Salado friends, I just found out my FIL is going to swing by this afternoon. Show him a good time!
    ·
  • oh god. I got home from SXSW at 3:45 am. I"ll see you guys right after lunch. Finishing up a brisket then headed out. I'll be in dire need of a shiner when I get there andI 'll probably curl up under and egg for a little nap for a while.

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,672
    I have plenty. Nola and I already broke into them so you better hurry.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • I have plenty. Nola and I already broke into them so you better hurry.

I'll bring more. And bourbon too. Ouch

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646

Wish we could have stayed longer yesterday, but the tire blow out and then waiting an hour and half to get a new one really threw a wrench into our plans. It was good seeing some old friends and putting faces to some names. Sorry we couldn't stay longer and talk to everybody. Ended up getting home after 10:30. Unpacking and settling the dogs down made it even later. Getting up for work this morning was a bi@tch. Jealous of all the fun you guys are having. Can't wait to see the pics.

@Mickey - thanks for the beers. :-bd

Guess I should get back to work....

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646
    Oh and @Mickey, once we got in the car, Stacie went on and on about how we need to go to Salado next year. :D

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

See you guys in a bit. Time for the trifecta (Bloody, coffee, water) and Mexican breakfast. Then Headed out.

·
    Welcome back, Cen-Tex.... As a Floridian, I'm a little bummed at the lack of updates from Sunshine State Fest
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
    I thought by now, we'd hear of @necessaryindulgence and @doceggerton in a keg stand or ABT eating contest...
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • Is it wrong? First thing to hit my lips today.......i should probably eat something. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

·
  • Did someone say brisket?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,013

Is it wrong? First thing to hit my lips today.......i should probably eat something.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Some may say wrong. I say, just right! Brisket looks great. Have fun. One of these years I'll attend my first Egg Fest.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • thetrim said:
    I thought by now, we'd hear of @necessaryindulgence and @doceggerton in a keg stand or ABT eating contest...
    =))
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • We just left -- I need to rest up for the after party.  
    I am STUFFED!  :@)   The food was outstanding! 
    We met so many great people and I can't wait to get back down there tonight for more food and laughs.  And beer. 

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,914
    We just left -- I need to rest up for the after party.  
    We met so many great people and I can't wait to get back down there tonight for more food and laughs.  And beer. 

Good friends of mine there Kristi. Wish I could have made it and Salado. Need that Lear

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,018
    Not sure about this, but, I heard that egret won the medium egg in the cook's drawing!!!?? :)) :)>-
    ·
  • gpsegggpsegg Posts: 291
    Had a great time at the Sunshine Eggfest! Enjoyed meeting many of you......the food was great! Thanks to all those who worked so hard!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blue Ridge, Ga.
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,785

After party??
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
    My first Eggfest in the sunshine state was great, and the view was great!
    IMAG1382.jpg
    3264 x 1840 - 1M
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
    egret said:

Not sure about this, but, I heard that egret won the medium egg in the cook's drawing!!!?? :)) :)>-

congrats on the win. It was a pleasure meeting you as brief as I did. Let me know if you want me to take your new egg home for you :-)
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • yzzi said:

After party??
    Rumor has it, there is more fun to be had.  We are heading back down about 6:30pm. <:-P
    ·
    Hmm, too bad I'm eating a cuban right now. I promised my kid some pool time so we'll see if I can make it. Thanks for the heads up.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·