Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

rib membrane problems

Bought a pack of ribs at costco (swift brand). It looks like the membrane has already been removed. Is that typical? It is my first tume buying ribs at costco.
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,150
    Yes. Costco always has membranes removed. It is their quality standard.
    ·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    I guess I do not have a membrane problem then. Thanks
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,831
    We have found silvers on Costco ribs, those not packed under the "Swifts Premium" brand. As Eggcelsior says, for the past few months the Swifts packs all seem to have the silvers removed. Drove me nuts one morning as I frantically tried to remove something that wasn't there, once the coffee kicked in, it was all good.
    Picked some St Louis style ribs up at the Burlington Wa store, not Swifts, they had silvers. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
    Tyson's bought Swift Premium a few years back didn't they?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    My first ribs from Costco I spent about 30 minutes trying to remove the damn membrane that wasn't there...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • biznorkbiznork Posts: 112
    That happened to me two weeks ago. Lol
    ·
  • chainsaw19chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    We have found silvers on Costco ribs, those not packed under the "Swifts Premium" brand. As Eggcelsior says, for the past few months the Swifts packs all seem to have the silvers removed. Drove me nuts one morning as I frantically tried to remove something that wasn't there, once the coffee kicked in, it was all good.
    Picked some St Louis style ribs up at the Burlington Wa store, not Swifts, they had silvers. 

double said:
    My first ribs from Costco I spent about 30 minutes trying to remove the damn membrane that wasn't there...

Okay glad it wasn't just me, I had same experience
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
    ·