Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jack Daniels original and Dizzy Pig Dust?

Options
Cooking some St. Louis Spare Ribs today and, at my brother's suggestion, am going to try JD sauce.  Question is, does it pair nicely with DP Dust or should I try something simpler like Salt/Pepper/Onion Powder?  Kids aren't into anything too spicy, but we've used DP on butts in the past and they liked it fine. Any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• khristyjeff
    khristyjeff Posts: 163
    Options
    OK.  I hear my fellow Eggers telling me to "be brave, go for it and report back,"  So that's what I'll do.  Applied mustard and DP dust to the ribs.  Indirect set-up with Apple Cider in the drip pan.  Stabilized at 250*.  We're doing just one rack, cut in half to fit on my Medium Egg.  One half is a lot less meaty so anticipate that being done a bit earlier.  Will keep you posted.  
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    To make it even better pair it with the drink JD.
    Boom
  • khristyjeff
    Options
    Great suggestion, Fan!   That's why it's important to keep you around. Wow, the label says "non-alcoholic product" and "contains TN Whiskey Flavorings!"  You may have really saved this cook. image =D> 
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    Bone Suckin Sauce pairs nicely with DP Dizzy Dust. I've not used JD barbecue sauces.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Dizzy Pig pairs nicely with JD but I like Sticky Fingers Carolina Sweet
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • khristyjeff
    Options
    OK.  Here is my opinion.  They were very good, but I could see how Bone Suckin or Carolina Sweet might be a little better.  Probably next time I'll rub with Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper like the Sweet Baby Rays people recommend.  Thanks for your input.  Always appreciated.
    BTW, the single rack of St. Louis cut ribs took a little over 5 hours on my Medium at 250*-350*.