Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What type of epoxy do you use for firebox?

My firebox is cracked and I want to glue it back together. Some of y'all mention epoxy to do so. What type/specs do I need?
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
·

Comments

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,316
    I would give JB Weld a try- that stuff will fix anything.
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,677
    What Wolfpack said.  There's also an even better refractory adhesive on one of these threads.  It ain't cheap though.

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,541
    Jb weld will not work on the fire box. I tried it and it failed the first cook. It worked great on my platesetter but I think the firebox just gets too hot.
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 258
    ? Warranty ? Ive never looked into it, does the mother ship not cover the box?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,018
    They will replace it under warranty.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·