Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bacon Cheeseburgers and Nathan's Onion Rings

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,275

Just some simple Bacon Cheeseburgers tonight with Onion Rings on the side.  I'm not sure how many of you have seen the Nathan's brand Onion Rings in the freezer section, but they are actually really good for frozen. 

I like to get my burger patties big, round and flat.  That way once they shrink, they will still be wide enough to fill up the entire bun.  They will also be thin enough so you can top your burger with as many toppings as you would like, without breaking your jaw once you bite into them.  I like using a Ziplock Bag and a Rolling Pin to flatten them out.  Topped tonight's burger with Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard, Diced Onions, Pickled Jalapenos, 2 slices of Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato.  :)

2014 Co-Wing King
·

Comments

• RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Looks great! Pork and beef heaven
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,795
    Well played!!! They look great!!!
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,298
    My kind of meal.  Looks good.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,560
    Looks good nice to see the ci use.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Nicely done my friend!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Fabulous. 

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Where is the blue cheese???
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,275
    edited March 2013

Thanks, y'all! @r270ba, that's a great idea with the blue cheese. I've used that before, but was in a cheddar mood tonight. :D If you are a fan of blue cheese and bacon, try THIS RECIPE, Blue Cheese and Bacon Cole Slaw, recipe courtesy of the Fat Hen Restaurant in Charleston, SC... You won't regret it... ;)

Just remember to add the bacon right before serving it, so the bacon doesn't become soggy.  Blue Cheese + Bacon = Awesomeness.  ;) 

2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,275
    And BTW, use all the blue cheese the recipe calls for....it seems like a lot at first, but it works perfectly.  =P~
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Thanks and cheddar works too...looks great!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,089
    Just had to do that didn't you, Dyal. Man I wish SWMBO enjoyed burgers more. Looks solid from here. Nice tip on rolling pin for burgers.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Looks great Dyal!  I'll try the rolling pin and get mine flat like yours :)  That slaw looks fantastic but sadly I'd probably be the only one to eat it.
    ·