Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Simple T-bone Steaks

NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum
I wasn't planning on cooking tonight but I came home from work and my Egghead neighbor, John, was smoking a pair of babyback ribs that smelled great.   I was Pavlov's dog and a bell was ringing!

A quick drive to the store and we came home with a pair of nice CAB T-bones.  image

I fired my Egg to 450f.  While it was preheating, I whipped some butter together with Dizzy Pig Cowlick steak seasoning and set it aside. 

I seasoned the steaks only with Kosher salt and pepper and grilled them 4 minutes a side until they were 130f internal per my trusty, superfast red Thermapen. 

Let them rest for a few minutes...

While they were resting I put a pat of the Dizzy Pig Cowlick butter on them, made a quick lettuce wedge with blue cheese dressing and served them with a garlic roll.

Pretty dang tasty! 

Now to practice my ham cook tomorrow....
Knoxville, TN
·

Comments

• krobertsmsnkrobertsmsn Posts: 548
    looks fab!
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,026
    Nice, real nice. Season after for the direct cooks, the way to go!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Damn that looks good. Never thought of Dizzy Pig butter. Great idea.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,697
    New way to do my steaks!! Thank You

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • bo31210bo31210 Posts: 406
    I know what you mean.  Got home and could smell something on the egg a couple of houses over but unfortunately I had a truckload of lumber to unload for the deck project I am undertaking in the morning bright and early.   Those look great and if I am still awake tomorrow night those could be in my future with a Sweetwater 420!
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
    ·
  • They look great

Am I correct in thinking that you did not use the place setter at all ?
    ·