Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

It finally happened.

I've had an xl for around two years. I never even came close to having a blow back or whatever they are called. I guess the xl with no gasket never had enough of a seal to starve the fire of O2. 

I got a med about 6 months ago. Let's just say, it DOES have enough of a seal to deprive the burning lump of O2. It will only happen once. 
Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,155
    That's some nice "blow-back-braggin' rights". Well earned! Always burp the little ones....

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,285
    Want some sauce with that?   :D

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,713
    Love the smell of singe in the morning.
    Seattle, WA
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,983
    way to sear your shank

• IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Wait a minute, your avatar isn't a picture of you in real life?
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,853
    IrishDevl said:
    My avatar is a representation of how I feel on the inside. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174
    Welcome back, in style!
  • So can you give us a run down? Ya know, OT, IT, rubs, anything helps.  :D
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,474
    MEDIC
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Nice. I said mine would happen once... Three times ago. Now I just do it to trim my hairy arms down some.
    Dunedin, FL
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    Mickey said:

MEDIC

@Mickey I wonder how many times that's going to be yelled in salado this weekend
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    What kind of lump did you use? 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Just looking at it stinks, never forget the smell of burnt hair and flesh. Welcome to the club!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    canegger said:

Mickey said:

MEDIC

@Mickey I wonder how many times that's going to be yelled in salado this weekend
    Twice by and for me last year.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    Well hopefully nothing serious happens for that to be yelled
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,454

It will only happen once. 
    Famous last words.  That is like the Monday morning "I'll never drink again."  Take if from someone who is not without sin
    >:)
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

smells...sorta like....bacon!

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,428
    Mickey said:
    MEDIC
    Twice by and for me last year.
    When I come next year I'll bring my Patrol Pack. It has everything besides Oxygen. If anyone has a "D" canister, it'll fit. Since it's an accelerant, I probably won't drink around the eggs since fire and O2 mix REALLY well. If I stumble too close, I truly will be the Rocket man,

burning out my fuse up here alone.
    Travis stay away from friggin tents :ar!

IrishDevl said:
    My avatar is a representation of how I feel on the inside. 
    I understand dude.  James Brown, and burned. 

•  
     It will only happen once. 
    Famous last words.  That is like the Monday morning "I'll never drink again."  Take if from someone who is not without sin
    >:)

I was thinkin' the exact same thing.  How long before Travis is loaded and decides it's a good idea to fire up the Egg?  The Egg is humming nicely as more booze is imbibed.  "Let's see how this is coming along here..."  FAWOOMFF!!  Travis has no eyebrows.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• J_QueJ_Que Posts: 203
    edited March 2013

I guess thats one way to pluck the feathers off a turkey. :))

Good to see you posting again Mr. Strik!

I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
  • EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    Even being 'careful' I get singed every now and then. Usually when I get in a hurry. One day my barber asked if I was still cooking on my egg as he hadn't seen any singed eyebrows for awhile.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • Happened to me about two years ago. My daughter saw the whole thing and will not get near my Egg while I'm cooking now.
  • WiltOnTiltWiltOnTilt Posts: 102
    edited March 2013
    Awesome!

I mean that in the nicest way possible lol... Glad you survived to tell the tale. :-)
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,292
    Scariest part is you instinctively want to let go of the handle it doesn't hurt but surprises the brown bits out if you. My wife saw my first one and won't touch the egg now.
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774

Maybe you should have done the reverse sear!

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,323
    FTC that thing quick or the juices won't redistribute!
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!