Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Smokey Spanish Frittata

One of my favorite things to cook on the Egg.  Eggs, cream, cheese, mushrooms, spinach, peppers, chorizo (substitute or add chopped bacon), onion, and salt.  About 30 minutes indirect at 350º or until brown around pan.  I add mesquite chips. Breakfast for almost a week - done.

• khristyjeffkhristyjeff Posts: 154
    Boy, that looks great. And pretty simple, too. Must try.
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    I know you precook the meat, but do you saute the veggies first, or put them in raw?
  • BadongBadong Posts: 126
    I did cook the chorizo and saute the veggies first. Haven't been brave enough to try it without.
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,845
    Looks excellent, Badong!  I like making Frittatas too...makes breakfast quick and easy all week long. 
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,490
    I love making frittatas, but haven't tried one on the Egg yet.  Added to the list!  
    (I may try some spanish paprika in your recipe, too!)

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  
    Ogden, Utard.