Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Storing Plate Setter & Baking Stone

Options
2»

Comments

• BillPinNC
    BillPinNC Posts: 68
    Options
    @Solson005 - I have done a lot of woodworking, I think you could machine this material with woodworking tools. I did a web search at some point and found you can buy the material in sheets when I considered making them myself. @r270ba - I have only had my kitchen for a few months. The granite we used was recommended specifically for outdoor use, it is brown and black but I don't know the name. The guy that owns the granite shop told me not to worry about hurting the granite, that I could take things hot out of the egg and put them on the granite and it would not damage the granite...he also said if it did he would replace the top. So far so good!
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Sorry @Badong I just saw this and didn't get a notification for some reason. As @Chubbs said it is my small egg and the carrier is called a EggCarten it makes traveling with the fragile egg so much easier. I did a post about it when I first got it. EggCARTen and the SBGE that goes in a little more detail about it. You can also get one for the mini egg. If you have any other questions just ask. It is sitting on a teak shower stool and doesn't get hot enough to mark the wood. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Badong
    Badong Posts: 126
    Options
    Where can I buy one and how much are they?  No luck with my google search.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Badong said:
    Where can I buy one and how much are they?  No luck with my google search.
    Click on the hyperlink EggCarten that Solson005 posted(I just did too). It's not a commercial site. The dude makes them and sells them himself through his blogspot site. 100/mini 150/small
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @r270ba - most all granites are fine in direct sun but there are a few I would avoid. I will offer you the same as I did the guys on this thread http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1149363/granite-outside#latest. Just get me a name of what you are looking at and I will give the best advice I can

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Badong
    Badong Posts: 126
    Options
  • Denevan
    Denevan Posts: 24
    Options
    I keep the platesetter in the egg - the stone in the oven (helps regular the heat in my old oven)...
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    @mattman3969 I will let you know when I get a little closer if I decide to go with granite.  I think I am going to end up with a big tile that looks like stone.  Not sure yet.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• NautiRogue
    NautiRogue Posts: 118
    Options

Plate setter is stored either inside the egg (when I've used it for the cook), or under the egg on the cedar shelf.

The baking stone is stored inside the cabinet in a plastic storage tub along with my Dutch oven, cast iron, and other outdoor kitchen paraphernalia.

• J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options
    In the egg.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    @r270ba Concrete is great for outdoors. My table is concrete and I don't think twice about it being in the elements.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • woody's wood pit
    Options
    The best place i have come up with is the old Weber...it has covered storage above the firebox with a shelf below for the plate setter, DMFT, and other toys...Also, it is a great drink holder!

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder