Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Good Thing My Wife is so Tough...

2»

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,056
    Prayers for your wife and family... Positive vibes on the way as well.
    ·
  • setdahooksetdahook Posts: 155
    definitely my hopes and prayers keep positive she needs you bro.
    ·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 416
    edited March 2013
    Mrs Parallel is scheduled for surgery on March 25. There's a fair chance the surgery can be done laparoscopic and robot-assisted, but the surgeon will make that call during the procedure. There is a 75% chance that she will NOT need radiation therapy (assuming the cancer hasn't spread). All of the pre-op stuff has been done today; exam by the gynecologic oncologist, blood work, EKG and chest xrays.

To give you an idea of her attitude, she posted the following on her FB page:

Mrs. Parallel — "
    on the positive side the doctor said I need to wear moo moos after the surgery, so I may have to become old officially now."

To which I replied — "
    The doctor said when you're RECOVERING moo moos are a good option. That doesn't give you carte blanche to run around like the people of Walmart." :))

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    ·
  • That attitude and the Lord's help will see you guys through!  Keep it up and keep it light!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,453
    I don't know your circumstances, but if you need lodging while getting treatment, look for an American Cancer Society Hope Lodge.  Wonderful support.

As a fellow survivor, good luck.

Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 416
    Thanks for the tip Doc. We've sprung for a private room so that I can be with her to help take care of her.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    ·
  • BullibeBullibe Posts: 132
    I will be praying for you and for a full, speedy recovery for your wife.
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,526
    Hope all goes well for you and your wife, brother. We will be praying for her.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • BillPinNCBillPinNC Posts: 68
    Hope all goes well!
    ·
  • erbloveerblove Posts: 86
    Prayers to her, you, and your entire family. 
    Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!
    ·
  • BRush00BRush00 Posts: 348
    Haven't signed on in quite awhile and almost forgot my password in the meantime - but wanted to wish you the best of luck Parallel.  By the sounds of it she's a fighter and should pull through no problem.

make sure to keep us all posted.  Us Egghead's gotta stick together.
    [Insert clever signature line here]
    ·