Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Glory, Glory... The EGG has landed!

Had my table stained,  prepped,  and accessorized with an empty spot for the LBGE - until today,  when it was delivered in all its glory and placed in its new home!   I've got a fire going as we speak so that I can tinker with temp adjustments and learn a little about it prior to its maiden voyage tomorrow night, a Simon and Garfunkel'd spatchcock chicken that's already spatched and sitting in the fridge waiting for its big moment!  Life is good.

Two quick questions: I burned today and noticed that smoke went from white to clear in about 15 min - assuming that's what I'm looking for to let me know that cooking can begin?   Also - I have the regular grate on and the BGE raised grate on top of it (3" above).  Isn't it the case that the cooking temps on the top grate will be a bit higher than on the bottom? 

Thanks!   Looking forward to firing it up for real tomorrow night. 

Comments