Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Went shopping today. Look what I got!

Found a meat sale today. Boston butts .99 lb and whole NY strip loins for 2.99 lb. 71 bucks got me 25 NY strip steaks, one 4 lb pork loin, two 8lb Boston butts, and of course one diet MT. Dew. Thank The Lord for vacuum sealers.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    shtgunal3 said:
    Found a meat sale today. Boston butts .99 lb and whole NY strip loins for 2.99 lb. 71 bucks got me 25 NY strip steaks, one 4 lb pork loin, two 8lb Boston butts, and of course one diet MT. Dew. Thank The Lord for vacuum sealers.
    Go to your room !!!...... Sounds like a great haul for a Egger !

Opelika, Alabama
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    That's a helluva buy there @shtgunal3.  Send some my way if you don't have the freezer space.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    shtgunal3 said:
    Bastid, you owe me a new keyboard!!!   :))

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Looks good. That's cheap.  Could of been cheaper if you didn't need the Mt. Dew.  :)
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Is it beef or canine? =))
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Man when I lived in Phoenix area I remember Bashas would have those great deals on NY Strip Loin and even tenderloin too.  Move back to the midwest and prices are way higher...
    Large BGE

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Sounds like you got a deal --- ???  For many years i bought most all of my meats from Sam's Club.  About a year ago a market opened up selling local meats and other local products.  Well, had the wife pick me up a couple of fresh locally grown chickens, cost was about 15 percent more than Sam's Club.  I looked at these chickens ???  Bone white??  Sam's chickens were yellow looking??  Then i prepared them for spatchcocking and noticed there was very little fat under the skin and all that extra skin was missing.  Their size was about half of the birds found in a dual package at Sam's.  I inject my spatchcocks with "bitter orange " marinate.  The first chicken was so good, i asked my wife to pick up two more the next day!!  Of course i got the "we just had chicken" message!!  I told her, i didn't care, i needed them for "a test"!?  And i did two more with the same results!!  Not just a little better, but big time better!  This went on for about a dozen chickens, before i told her to pick me up a pork butt.  This was about a five pound butt, looked to me that they cut a large butt in half??  Results were again, remarkable!!  Figure out the extra costs, minus the waste i throw away and consider the better taste --- i am stuck on fresh local meats.  I am "broasting" a hundred pieces of chicken for a Saint Patty's Day party Saturday and my local butcher will have my chicken order ready for pick up tomorrow.... 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    My freezer is now full. After all that, we did pizzas tonight and am trying my first brisket tomorrow.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    I still have a TON of venison!

• Scottborasjr
    Unfortunately I am out of venison steak, still plenty of ground though and plenty of room in the freezer if you need to ship some of that out somewhere
    [-O<
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Ya I'll take some too. Having the egg now I'm going through venison pretty quick
  • shtgunal3
    @scottborasjr unfortunately it would cost more to ship than you would pay for a whole side of beef... If you ever get down to Alabama, I got some venison and a whole lot of cold beer with your name on it.... BTW I have to ask... I am a huge baseball fan. Is the guy I am thinking of your dad? If you have been asked that 1,000,000 times, I apologize.

• Scottborasjr
    @shtgunal3 no, just a nickname from High School and College. I was always the guy at the end of the bench that if the coaches needed the "important" players to behave a little better they went to me to help keep them out of trouble.  Really wish that one of those players would have panned out and could have started my own agent practice.
    :)>-
  • shtgunal3
    I hear ya man. Sorry, I had to ask.

• Scottborasjr
    @shtgunal3 No reason to apologize, surprisingly you are the first to ask.  Watching the World Baseball thing right now and can't believe the U.S. only has 1 run.
  • Bham_egger
    Bham_egger Posts: 196
    @shtgunal3, where was this sale? Up in Cullman? Might be worth a 30 min drive for me.
  • shtgunal3
    @bham_egger yep in Cullman @ Food World. I'm pretty sure the prices are good through the weekend.

• daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    looks like ur next few weekends r planned!!! enjoy!