Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Inside turned white

I did a pizza last night at 650 and today the inside looks chalky. Has this happened to anyone else?
image.jpg 1.3M

Comments

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,312
    All you did was burn off the build up inside. No harm and you will see some people will intentionally do "clean" burns
  • Thanks for the help
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,438
    The black stuff is creosote.  You burnt it off and it left white ash.

• johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,881
    An accidental clean burn! I need to do one myself.
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    I typically finish off my pizza cook with a clean burn...all the lump and everything go.  Clean out the ash afterwards.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $