Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Please Help Fix My Pork Shoulder Failure (Again)

Took another shot at a pork shoulder today to take for dinner to a couple at our church who just had a baby.  This is just a 5lb shoulder.  Set my Maverick probes up and threw it on with the grate temp at 230 degrees.  About an hour later, the temp started dropping and before i knew it, grate temp was at 185.  Propped up my shop fan to try and increase the air flow and get the temp back up but no luck so I relit a starter cube to get the fire going again. Here is where I screwed up...I got busy with some work, forgot about it and next thing I know, it's roaring at 550 degree and the shoulder internal temp was reading over 300 degrees!

That was about 15 minutes ago.  Pulled the shoulder off, shut the grates and am now not sure what I should do.  Internal temp is reading 260 right now and holding steady it seems and the BGE is at 375 and dropping (slowly).  From the moment I put it on the BGE until the time of this post has only been an hour and a half.  Is this thing dog food or can I save it?

Comments