Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado song

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Being from near Nashville it's required to write a few songs every year.

Deep in the Heart of TX

Well it's time to go
To Salado
"clap, clap, clap, clap"
Deep in the heart of TX

Well it's finally here
We've waited the whole year
To see the heart of TX.

They'll be lots of brews
And bourbon too
Deep in the heart of TX

We will sing and shout
Then we'll all pass out
Deep in the heart of TX

We'll have lots of fun
We brought knives and guns
Deep in the heart of TX

And a gift for me
Will be a free mini
Deep in the heart of TX

So don't hesitate
Don't even wait
To head down to TX

If you're late
You'll miss the mangrate
Deep in the heart of TX

So let's thank Chicken Spring
For the green egg fling
Deep in the heart of TX

And there's Mickey too
Thanks for all you do
Deep in the heart of TX

Now it's overdue
This song is thru
About the heart of TX

And it's up to you
To add a verse or two
About the HEART OF TEXAS!
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    <:-P

XLBGE 
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    ^:)^ :-c =D> :-bd
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited March 2013
    nola's vampire sausage
    looks like it's filled with blood
    deep in the heart of texas

unsuspecting kiddies try some
    and it makes them cry....
    deep in the heart of texas!

then I try to console them by telling them it's actually beets
    but the cry even harder
    deep in the heart of texas!
    edited March 2013
    =D> =D> :-\"
    ^:)^
    See yall in Salado
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Very good Mr henapple. ^:)^
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Surprised?Yes, it's me againI have just returned from the City of HoustonWhat am I doing in town?Well, I'm glad you askedI'm just passing through in search of the ever elusive Eggfest
    I got a job as a car pimp manPassing out wisdom on eggheadforum.comMerely an effort to improve my financial situationAnd ward off a case of the D.T.'s
    So farewell, my darlingPerhaps we'll meet againOn some sin-infested street corner in Salado Texas

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    The last one was for Mickey. Here is Henny's:

That lonesome Texas sun was setting slowAnd in the rearview mirror, I watched it goI can still see the fire in the glowing domeI close my eyes for a moment, I'm still there
    The greenest eggs in TexasAre haunting me tonightLike the beers that fill the expanding waistlineIt's memory fills my mind
    Where did I go wrong?Did I wait too long? Or can I make it right?The greenest eggs in TexasAre haunting me tonight
    Another town, another hotel roomAnother dream that ended way too soonLeft me lonely prayin' for a mini, sonSearching for the strength to carry the Mangrates won
    The greenest eggs in TexasAre haunting me tonightLike the beers that fill the expanding waistlineIt's memory fills my mind
    Where did I go wrong?Did I wait too long? Or can I make it right?The greenest eggs in TexasAre haunting me tonight
    For every post you write, you compose a tomeBut I can't forget the glow if it's green dome.
    Where did I go wrong?Did I wait too long? How can I make it right?Thegreenest eggs in TexasAre haunting me tonight
    The greenest eggs in TexasAre haunting me tonight

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited March 2013

=D> Nice one @henapple

Speaking of winning Mini Eggs, does my stop in on Friday make me eligible @Mickey?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Griffin said:

=D> Nice one @henapple

Speaking of winning Mini Eggs, does my stop in on Friday make me eligible @Mickey?

Sorry.... Only the Saturday Fest stop works....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    What if he gets pulled for speeding - or for just looking like he's "not from 'round here" - does that make him eligible?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Foghorn said:
    What if he gets pulled for speeding - or for just looking like he's "not from 'round here" - does that make him eligible?

I got to meet him and Stacie. I can tell you he has that "not froom 'round here" look and no one at the Plano Fest could understand how Stacie could get that drunk to have married him. You will see for yourself Friday. Sorry but still not eligible.

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Please include video WITH sound on this fest---- photos will NOW not count!
  • Mickey
    Tuna still time to make it if you start driving now..... Also the intelligence level after large amounts of adult beverage will make operation of video questionable.....

• Mickey said:
    Tuna still time to make it if you start driving now..... Also the intelligence level after large amounts of adult beverage will make operation of video questionable.....
    I get way smarter when I drink. just ask me.

And now I have SCIENCE! to back me up......boom

Bottoms up! Heavy alcohol consumption gives brain dose of extra energy, study finds

A new study published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation found that heavy drinking boosted a chemical that the brain interprets as an energy boost. The body then uses the chemical as an alternative energy source to sugar.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/heavy-alcohol-consumption-brain-extra-energy-study-article-1.1283697#ixzz2NXCE6mYM

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Mickey said:

large amounts of adult beverage will make operation of video questionable.. And feet...use if knees may be required.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Huzzah!
    @Mickey I don't think I want to be your friend anymore. ;) We're currently flying around Austin on the tollway doing 85. If anybody wants to see us tonight, just turn the tv to TNT. We'll be sitting court side at the Spurs Mavs game. :)

Rowlett, Texas

• Griffin
    @Mickey I don't think I want to be your friend anymore. ;) We're currently flying around Austin on the tollway doing 85. If anybody wants to see us tonight, just turn the tv to TNT. We'll be sitting court side at the Spurs Mavs game. :)

Rowlett, Texas

• Mickey

@Griffin But can you take your Mini to the game and make ABT's?

• Griffin
    We probably could have, but the in laws ar
    e taking us ti dinner first. La Fogata I believe.

Rowlett, Texas