Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Food handling during fests

Fest season is in full swing as of this weekend. I wanted to pass along some info. I have a close friend who is an egger. He & his wife came to their first fest last year as tasters. Afterward when I asked how they liked the fest they said for the most part it was good. However, they noticed several cooks mishandling food ie not wearing gloves, not cleaning knives or cutting boards when going from one food type to another, etc.

I am passing this along because as cooks we get rushed sometimes and we might forget some safety does & don'ts. We also forget that people are watching us prep & serve our food.

Please use common sense and try to wear gloves when handling food. Wash your serving & cutting utensils when moving from one food group to another...and be aware as cooks you are being watched....

BTW our friends (who are not the squemish type) will not be coming back to any fests because of what they observed...

Just an FYI.....

Comments