Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Just found my BGE's leftovers new best friend....

SookieSookie Posts: 87
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum

Over the weekend we made some chicken breast pounded thin, stuffed with ham and gouda, (secured with toothpicks) and wrapped in a slice of bacon.  We made a couple extra since we were firing it up anyway and it's just me and the husband.  I decided to vacuum seal the extras with the Foodsaver.  I microwaved one of them today for lunch; just put the bag unopened in the microwave. 

The result was the juiciest piece of leftover chicken i've ever had. I shared it with my co-worker since it was way more than I needed for lunch, and the dude smiled as he chewed.    We haven't been without a Foodsaver for years since we buy a lot of bulk and package our own quantities, and we camp a lot so its always good to throw in the cooler and not get waterlogged.  This was totally a win though because now I can cook stuff on the weekend and have it not dry out in the fridge to have a few days later.  Just sharin :)

Comments