Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Meatloaf and Roasted Cauliflower Mash

2»

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    @jfm0830 I figured to use a drip pan as there was a decent amount of fat in the bottom of my raised meatloaf pan but I like those disposable ones and haven't used them, thanks! 

Thanks @Bham_egger I will be making more than one next time because I feel the same way.. 

@Charlie_tuna I used a good handful of cherry chips and a good handful of apple chips and it was great but as you see I also had it in a pan and only got the smoke ring at the top, which was great but as others have said to try and do it without a pan to get more smoke, so next time I will do two side by side to compare. I don't want to vary too much from this cook because everyone liked it so much. Did you use chunks or how much pecan wood did you end up using? 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • CSRAEgger
    CSRAEgger Posts: 18
    Our family likes mash cauliflower, but in no way does it taste as good as mashed potatoes. Some things you can't cut back on. Heavy cream, lots of real butter, and cream cheese mashed potatoes is one of those things.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    @CSRAEgger I agree, but it is a nice addition to the side dish lineup to keep from making the same sides over and over. I prefer roasted red potatoes or crashed potatoes over mashed so this was a nice change of pace. I boiled them in milk and added cheese so I didn't stick to the super healthy version, I could have but I just was trying out something new and will throw it in every now and then to change things up. I don't think I have ever tried cream cheese in mashed potatoes, something new to add to the list! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.