Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quesadillas

FanOfFanboys
FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
So wife wanted quesadillas for dinner. Decided to try on grill. Plate setter legs up. Cast iron pan to cook shrimp and streak strips. Then cooked the quesadilla in same pan. Fantastic. I have done exact same thing on stove and was 1/2 has good. The egg had been running for a few hours bc I smoked a ham. Dunno how much that factored in. While smoking the ham my neighbor came over to see what the great smell was. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I skipped a few veggies inside mine that everyone else got.
Boom

Comments

• FanOfFanboys
    Sorry about double post. I got error 1st time I posted. Didn't realize went thru.
    Boom
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Looks great!  I don't need no steeeenkin' vegetables!
    Bringing this one back to the main page doing quesadillas tonight. Anyone got additional tips or stuffing ideas?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Chubbs said:
    Bringing this one back to the main page doing quesadillas tonight. Anyone got additional tips or stuffing ideas?
    Guacamole is the only green item allowd.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050
    Love me a good quesadilla! Nice job!
  • FanOfFanboys
    @chubbs I cooked steak and shrimp in cast iron then put cast iron back on. Little butter on bottom and stuffed with Avacado, red onion, cheese, steak/shrimp, and tomatoes. Tasted fantastic.
    Boom
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Got mine in right now. I did some chicken thighs with dizzy dust. Got some homemade pico de gallo and guac in mine with the cheese. Got mine on the pizza stone.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Chubbs said:

I would suggest Oaxaca cheese if you can get it.  It melts real well and has a great flavor. It's kinda like string cheese rolled up in a ball. I brush a little evoo on the tortilla and throw 'em right on the grill. You can put anything in it, as long as it's not raw because your only warming it enough to melt the cheese.   
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser