Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lighting solutions for the egg! What do you use? Post pics

What do you use for lighting the egg during night cooks besides the obvious flash light?  Would love to see some pics of what you have come up with. 
Thanks,
Casey

·

Comments

• tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 275
    Was expecting lots of fire. Thread did not deliver...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    I use Solar Lights mounted to my pergola that I found at lowes and used pieces from old lights to mount them. 

Not the brightest for pictures but works great to see the egg at night. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,142
    This is my solid go to. It lights up whatever I'm looking at.... Kind of what it was made for :>

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I also have two of these one pointing at each egg

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
    My wife is absolutely in love with the head lamp, she thinks it's sexy  :-B

When I am on my porch I stand in front of the porch light so it is useless.  That is on the project list.  

·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    edited March 2013
    Head lamp is a must have!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,324
    about $7 in parts from the plumbing and electrical aisle at homer depot and a $22 flashlight from where else homer depot.....hangs from the egg handle, easy on and easy off. 

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • bccomstockbccomstock Posts: 335
    edited March 2013
    I got this from Lowe's.. Very similar product and attached to my table to the right of my Egg like MrCookingNurse's.

LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·
  • I operate mine just inside the garage door. I have the garage lights and a spotlight illuminating the driveway.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,380
    This is my solid go to. It lights up whatever I'm looking at.... Kind of what it was made for :> Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    using one right now.  A leftover from deer season.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    Boom
    ·
    My egg is right on other side of that door. Just slide that out. Got for free from neighbor. I have a 2nd like it I keep in shed. Use both for corn hole at night.
    Boom
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,430

So you don't use charcoal...just the lights. They get hotter than....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    I must not be thinking of the same corn hole.... At least I hope not

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191

I have plenty of light ---

·

I must not be thinking of the same corn hole.... At least I hope not

Bags, corn toss, few diff names. Here are my boards. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Boom
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 258
    Built a special grill spot off my outdoor living room.  Measured it for a gasser and an egg.  Have a fan also to blow smoke away and keep me cool in the summer.  Have a barn light hanging down.  Photo is not great, but it is attached.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • blueinatlblueinatl Posts: 94
    All of a sudden the motion sensor lights on my back patio are feeling totally outclassed! 
    Peachtree Corners, GA. Large BGE
    ·
  • BjorgBjorg Posts: 237
    Sodium light fixed to the house. Great brightness, but the yellow tint is not always ideal and it takes a few seconds to light up. I would do it again. Benefit: my kids can play in the yard even when it is pitch dark outside lol. 

Quebec - Canada
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • BigginsBiggins Posts: 15
    Mounts to the handle in seconds and works awesome! Runs on batteries too.
    image.jpg 143.8K
    ·
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149
    I need to find some better lighting myself, but this works for me when the sky is grey.image
    ·
  • EggscriberEggscriber Posts: 276
    Light Box and small incandescent bulbs from Home Depot.
    ·
  • allsidallsid Posts: 408
    Costco has 3 packs of head lamps currently with batteries for $ 9.99.  Great deal!  One to use & 2 to lose-
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,843
    I agree with the Costco head lamps. Had 3 gave a couple to friends kids need more. Pretty sure I still have 1.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,298
    allsid said:

Costco has 3 packs of head lamps currently with batteries for $ 9.99.  Great deal!  One to use & 2 to lose-

I bought these, but I lost all three. If I could only find where I stuck that package...
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,078
    MrCookingNurse said: I must not be thinking of the same corn hole.... At least I hope not Beavis -  I am Cornholio! I need T.P. for my Bunghole! Come out with your pants down! 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,524
    Skiddy, you needed to go to bed. Your post was at 1:24 AM. :D

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Bjorg said:
    Sodium light fixed to the house. Great brightness, but the yellow tint is not always ideal and it takes a few seconds to light up. I would do it again. Benefit: my kids can play in the yard even when it is pitch dark outside lol. 

Change your lamp and ballast out to a metal halide. Make sure it's close in wattage( fixture is only rated for so much) then you will get rid of that yellow light and have crisp white light!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    It would be cheaper to buy an LED floodlight -- produces white light and lasts 30 years.  I have one on my garage to light the driveway -- it replaced a 175 watt mercury fixture -- the LED produces MORE light and uses only 32 watts of power.  Cost me about $93.00.
    ·
  • This is what I do . . . 
    photo.JPG 51.8K
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·