Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Favorite BBQ Sauce

Comments

• JayHawkEyeJayHawkEye Posts: 191
    I keep a big squeeze bottle of a mixture of sauces in the fridge: jar of blues hog, half bottle of gates, half bottle of either sweet baby rays or if masterpiece. I use Tennessee red on salads as a dressing (and on my pulled pork).
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
    ·
  • Blues Hog Original 50/50 mix with Sonny's Sweet Sauce
    Blues Hog Original 50/50 mix with Blues Hog TN. Red.
    Uncle Kenny's Original
    Uncle Kenny's Mustard Sauce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    For a little extra kick in my BBQ sauce, I stumbled upon Fighting **** that is awesome...very good when combining with a sweeter sauce like Bone Sucking.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,928

Making your own with fresh ingredients trumps anything out of a bottle.

http://www.adamperrylang.com/recipes/apl-bbq-sauce/

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    Hollin' bout huh, egga what!?  Huh, give a Fock egga what!?
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,611
    Same as Mickey
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • We like Bone Sucking Sauce and Sweet Baby Rays too.  Since we're on Atkins, we found a recipe from bowulf on YouTube that ain't too bad.  It's tangy and not spicy which appeals to Wilma who is a spice wimp.

Low Carb BBQ Sauce

1C Tomato Sauce (no sugar added)

1C Low Sugar Ketchup

1/2 C White Distilled Vinegar

1/2 C Splenda or liquid equivalent

1/4 C Black Strap Molasses

1/2 tsp Black Pepper

1/2 tsp Salt

2 tsp Liquid Smoke

1/2 tsp Paprika

1/4 tsp Garlic Powder

1/4 tsp Onion Powder

1/8 tsp Chili Powder

Dash of Cayanne

Dash of Cinnamon

1 Tbs Butter

Simmer 20 minutes.

Yields 3 Cups or 48 1 Tbs servings, 2 grams net carbs each 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Blue front - from south Fl
    Sonnys sweet - Fl
    Johnson's - southern IL
    ·
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,020
    Love sweet baby rays. I get it on sale for $1.00 for 18 oz bottle.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Anyone ever has this? I never gad before, but saw it somewhere today. Had to put the Jack Daniels Manhattan in the pic as well.
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    home made....always tweaking it, never the same twice.... Have a sweet for pork/chicken and a tomato based spicier one for beef....
    I started with some of the basics in the sauce section of the forum...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 565
    I'm not a big sauce guy (like dry rubs without saucing) but "Head Country - Spicy" is damn good. I make my own Carolina Gold for Pulled Pork.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • DeckhandDeckhand Posts: 318
    Galaxy (original). Winner at the American Royal....http://www.galaxybbq.com/

Cowtown... (another Royal winner) ... http://www.cowtownbbq.com/productssauces.html

and a 2nd for Ole Ray's Kentucky Gold Bourbon sauce.
    ·
  • beteezbeteez Posts: 392
    Southern Soul Sweet Ga Brown
    ·
  • gbngbn Posts: 1
    Franklins Espresso BBQ Sauce
    ·
  • Stubbs Spicy is pretty hard to beat!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
    ·
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,263

I like a local company where I live.

Its called Bon Vivant!

They stepped away from the "traditional" BBQ flavors. They have Citrus. Caribbean ( like a mild Jerk Sauce), Rootbeer (super on ribs), Chocolate Chili, Fire Roasted Jalapeno and Chive ( doubles up well as a pizza sauce), and a Korean BBQ glaze ( I use it for stirfry as well). They sell it at stores and also at the local Farmers Market in the summertime. They came out with 2 new flavors last summer, a Sweet Sticky Garlic, and a Smokehouse BBQ.

These guys are different. Yeah its not for everyone, but the differnt flavors they make puts a twist on whats already out there. They are even lower in calories, carbs, sugar and sodium than the 4 leading BBQ sauce producers in Canada. Thats what thye tell me anyway. I think they post that on their site as well. They know their stuff for sure.  

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motley Brew.

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,990

Try some Salt Lick bbq sauce if you can find it.

I don't get the Sweet Baby Ray thing. I thinks its way too sweet. I rank SBR one step up from Kraft BBQ sauce.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,417
    Griffin said:

Try some Salt Lick bbq sauce if you can find it.

I don't get the Sweet Baby Ray thing. I thinks its way too sweet. I rank SBR one step up from Kraft BBQ sauce.

I only use it on BBQ'd chicken. It is very sweet so I thin it with some vinegar and usually use a spicy rub to counteract the sweetness.

Usually it is used as my "everyone else" sauce. I have mine out, and I put that out for guests since that is the type of sauce people are used to. I wouldn't be surprised if many that don't grill much have a Kraft/KC Masterpiece-type bottle in their fridge at home. 
    ·
  • I was a Sweet Baby Rays fan...until I tried Head Country BBQ sauce out of Texas. I cannot find it in Indiana but I order it by the case in Hot and Regular. It is wonderful.
    ·
  • mangasbmangasb Posts: 14

Tony Stewart's BBQ sauce is a good one with some tang.

Also Everglades for a sweet onion taste.

·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122

If you like garlic, try this.

http://www.garlicdude.com/garbbqmamrap.html

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    I tried the John Boy and Billy's Grilling Sauce and was surprised at how much I liked it. They claim that they win a lot of barbecue contests with it, and I can see why.

Tim
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    Sweet Baby Rays 
    I cut Bone Sucking with vinegar and some black pepper.
    I just bought a Blues Hog Package .. I haven't cooked yet, but i'm impressed w the sauce and the rub.  I haven't opened the red yet.
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,526

Yabbadabbadoo! Where is the caveman cop? :D

SBR and BSS are our favs. Stubs is good too. A lot of times we just do not sauce at all, as the rub and carmelization is so good, we are happy.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • I've been using Stubbs for a long time and was wondering if any of y'all could tell me a different BBQ sauce that I should try.Thanks for the help!
    I think Mike Elliott's BBQ & Grilling Sauce is the best on the market. 
    ·
  • Rock N Roll Ribs BBQ Sauce. In Boca Raton, Florida there is a BBQ joint owned by the drummer for Iron Maiden. There is just something about that sauce that makes it good. Its almost like a jelly based BBQ sauce.
    ·
  • Mickey said:
    @rbaldwin83 I am guessing you are inTexas.
    He can only hope but Stubbs is everywhere. We had it in WI years ago.

·
  • all the above mentioned are great but give this a try:

http://www.bigbobgibson.com/

get the white sauce for chicken and the red sauce for ribs. I may be partial because this is a local place for us.

mccormicks pork rub on some ribs finished off with the bb red sauce is freakin awesome and I haven't found a better combination

North Alabama - Roll Tide

LBGE 2013

·
  • msloanmsloan Posts: 265
    For me right now I would say

Jacks old south sweet and tangy

Sonnys sweet

Homemade based heavily on neelys recipe
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    Head Country... And rub... Cooking stl ribs tonight... Chubby. From Oklahoma. Just ordered 7 lbs of rub and a gallon of sauce.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·