Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two Pizza Success

Options
CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
The last four or so pizzas weren't very good, but tonight cooked two and both turned out well. Two different doughs, similar toppings, cooked 500-525 dome for about 13 minutes. Still learning how to tell when done, but got these just about right.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• tech284
    tech284 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thank you for showing that last pic now I can tell what I have been doing wrong the feet on the plate setter need to be up and the grate between the pizza stone I will try it.
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    What sauce do you use?  I use a homemade sauce that is so easy to make.  

6 tblsp olive oil
    6 garlic cloves
    2 cans peeled plum tomatoes
    1/2 c water
    Salt to taste 
    Sugar to taste.

in deep skillet cook crushed (not minced) garlic until golden brown in 3tblsp EVOO . Next pour in tomatoes and cook on medium for 10 minutes. Then crush/mash the tomatoes (I use a potato masher) and cook 10 minutes adding remaining EVOO. water and salt to taste. Depending on tomato taste, you may need to add a bit of sugar to knock down the acidity.  You can also add some Italian seasoning to taste.   Total time, maybe 25 minutes including prep time, but MY GOODNESS, the taste is awesome.  

I use this for meatballs where you cook the meatballs in the sauce... Great food.

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    @onedbguru - I haven't tried making my own sauce yet, I'll try that soon. I brushed dough with EVOO, added pasta sauce, grated fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, artichoke hearts, and fresh sliced tomatoes.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Looks great to me! One of my favorite things to make on the egg! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Looks fantastic to me!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Cozmo
    Cozmo Posts: 20
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Pizza cooking only gets better.  Nice job.