Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two tone yardbirds

Options
Skiddymarker
Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
edited March 2013 in Poultry
Tonight could not agree, SWMBO wanted souvlaki style chicken, I wanted Cajun.... so we once again used the rub testing technique of 1/2 with one, 1/2 with the other. This reminded me of the Star Trek episode with Frank Gorshin....
Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    That is a first. So how we're they?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    And here we thought gallons/liter and the imperial gallon were a challenge:)  Never mind lbs and kilos-enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Skiddymarker
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Mickey said:
    That is a first. So how we're they?
    Don't you mean how was it? Must have been good, there is only one drumstick left (she never could pull her weight when it comes to chowing down)
    Mine (the dark side) a cajun rub, hers the Greek side, crushed garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, marjoram, salt and pepper. SWMBO said the fresh garlic under the skin was very good - never done that before - also, raised direct at 325. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks good skiddy!  I'm sure there was nothing terrible about the demarcation zone if a little spill over occurred....they both sound good.
    Options
    Looks good skiddy!  I'm sure there was nothing terrible about the demarcation zone if a little spill over occurred....they both sound good.
    Except for the 49th Parallel. Not the Canadian/US one mind you, the Korean one.

Salado might change things though..... Little Steven be warned.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Except for the 49th Parallel. Not the Canadian/US one mind you, the Korean one.

Salado might change things though..... Little Steven be warned.
    There's a Korean 49th? Never seen that map, but your point is well taken, Canadians will be represented at Salado by the Right Honourable @Little_Steven (spelled with a "u" for you American savages). Applications for government grants and perhaps a lifetime appointment to the Senate are being considered. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sadly, I don't think LS will be able to make it.  So we'll probably have a South Park marathon of politically incorrect floppy-headed Canadian's playing constantly...  ;)
    Options
    Skiddy, I'm glad you took my point well. Yes, 11 degrees of longitude is a lot. But, as is "horseshoes and hand grenades" applies, close enough is the Uhmurican way. We are falling behind in math after all.

Metaphors and navigation don't work well together, I see.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Sadly, I don't think LS will be able to make it.  So we'll probably have a South Park marathon of politically incorrect floppy-headed Canadian's playing constantly...  ;)
    LS will lose his Senate appointment, the country, however, will be just as well served by a cardboard cut-out of Mr. Eric Cartman propped up behind a desk in the Senate Red Chamber.  
  • ratcheer
    ratcheer Posts: 189
    Options
    Hmmm. Reminds me of one of my favorite bands from back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC1r9LtJATg

Tim
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    As I have said before I think this is a great idea! For trying new rubs, make one side less spicy, or a taste test to see which seasoning everybody likes best. SWMBO is one smart cookie! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @Solson005, Thanks. I've told SWMBO that she is a smart cookie after all she chose me, to which she replies "Everyone is allowed to make one mistake". The idea of using two rubs or leaving one side plain, was hers, always the doting grandma trying to give the grandkids what they want or will at least try. 

@ratcheer - hard to believe so much talent cycled through one band. Beck (still my guitar idol), Clapton and Page.