Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chuck Roast was a Success....Brisket Tomorrow

Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
First, these two black boxes showed up at my house on Friday. Dont know how I lived without them. Pulled the roast at 205 and I could pull it apart with my fingers. Had a nice smoke ring and bark. Used the Oak Ridge Santa Maria Steak seasoning I got as a sample. Flavor was awesome. Ended up browning some onions and making some steak fajitas. Sliced up the rest for some sandwiches later in the week.
·

Comments

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,697
    edited March 2013
    Looks Good

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,110
    dude that is amazing looking! i could eat my computer screen! ive never seen anything like it

seriously best looking thing ive seen in a while!! bravo!!

I honestly dont know how i could cook without my mavericks. id make it but blind. I use them all the time

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Nice ring, got a brisket on right now, hope my ring turns out like that. Awsome.
    ·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,294
    What's the diff btw the white and black mavericks?

Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390

What's the diff btw the white and black mavericks?

Nothing, black is just a special edition model. I just had to order another and went with black.
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Looks good like the fajita idea
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Thanks guys. Meat was a little dry but I'd rather it that way. I did pour the juice from the cook back in it and that helped. Gonna add BBQ sauce when I prepare it for sammiches.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    Plano...you hitting Salado?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    No, I wish. Bad timing for me. I will be hitting the Plano Eggfest whenever it is though. Went last year and had a ball.
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    Plano_JJ said:
    No, I wish. Bad timing for me. I will be hitting the Plano Eggfest whenever it is though. Went last year and had a ball.
    Any idea when the Plano will be? 
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • What temperature did you cook that beautiful roast?
    Chesapeake, VA
    ·
    Alton said:
    Plano_JJ said:
    Any idea when the Plano will be? 
    No, but it was the first weekend in Nov last year. The day we played Bama.
    ·
    What temperature did you cook that beautiful roast?
    Tried to keep it around 260 give or take. I foiled it when the IT was 160 and let it cook until 205.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Looks great! I don't know how I missed this, how did the rest of your meat fest turn out? 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    What happened to the Brisket?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
    It sucks, still a work in progress. Some was tender some was tough. Tried the turbo method with a flat. Guess I will get there one day. It did make me some good nachos though.
    ·