Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Chuck Roast was a Success....Brisket Tomorrow

Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
First, these two black boxes showed up at my house on Friday. Dont know how I lived without them. Pulled the roast at 205 and I could pull it apart with my fingers. Had a nice smoke ring and bark. Used the Oak Ridge Santa Maria Steak seasoning I got as a sample. Flavor was awesome. Ended up browning some onions and making some steak fajitas. Sliced up the rest for some sandwiches later in the week.
·

Comments

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 3,769
    edited March 2013
    Looks Good

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,875
    dude that is amazing looking! i could eat my computer screen! ive never seen anything like it

seriously best looking thing ive seen in a while!! bravo!!

I honestly dont know how i could cook without my mavericks. id make it but blind. I use them all the time

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Nice ring, got a brisket on right now, hope my ring turns out like that. Awsome.
    ·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,134
    What's the diff btw the white and black mavericks?

Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390

What's the diff btw the white and black mavericks?

Nothing, black is just a special edition model. I just had to order another and went with black.
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Looks good like the fajita idea
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Thanks guys. Meat was a little dry but I'd rather it that way. I did pour the juice from the cook back in it and that helped. Gonna add BBQ sauce when I prepare it for sammiches.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,825
    Plano...you hitting Salado?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    No, I wish. Bad timing for me. I will be hitting the Plano Eggfest whenever it is though. Went last year and had a ball.
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 431
    Plano_JJ said:
    No, I wish. Bad timing for me. I will be hitting the Plano Eggfest whenever it is though. Went last year and had a ball.
    Any idea when the Plano will be? 
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • What temperature did you cook that beautiful roast?
    Chesapeake, VA
    ·
    Alton said:
    Plano_JJ said:
    Any idea when the Plano will be? 
    No, but it was the first weekend in Nov last year. The day we played Bama.
    ·
    What temperature did you cook that beautiful roast?
    Tried to keep it around 260 give or take. I foiled it when the IT was 160 and let it cook until 205.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,905
    Looks great! I don't know how I missed this, how did the rest of your meat fest turn out? 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    What happened to the Brisket?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
    It sucks, still a work in progress. Some was tender some was tough. Tried the turbo method with a flat. Guess I will get there one day. It did make me some good nachos though.
    ·