Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Baked Oysters and Filet

Egged some oysters topped with garlic butter, Italian bread crumbs, and Parmesean (SP?) cheese. Followed it up with a reverse sear of Filet Mignon, served with homemade Creamed Spinach.
image.jpg 676.3K
image.jpg 1021.9K
image.jpg 901.9K
·

Comments

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,500
    YUMMMMMM ^:)^
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,155
    Very, very nice.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 558
    Alright Bham....you're starting to piss me off. :P
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Looking good bro !

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Those look like "oyster selects"?  Very nice....
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,874
    Well done. Love me some oysters.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,985
    Sweet...I'm jealous.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Bham_eggerBham_egger Posts: 196

This may be a dumb question, but what are "Oyster Selects"? I went to Whole Foods, hoping they had some, and was surprised to see they had Bon Secour, AL oysters for $.50 apiece. SWMBO was very happy.

·
    Charlie, just figured out that the "select" is the size. I like a medium size oyster, which these were. I really like knowing where seafood comes from, and I always buy local when available. Bon Secour, as you may already know, is a small fishing town here in Alabama. They have excellent Royal Red Shrimp, and oysters from Mobile Bay, as well as other locally caught seafood. I hate nothing more than seeing seafood labeled Thailand, or Mexico, or anywhere other than the USA.
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    Got to do this......Looks Awesome!! ^:)^
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Wow that looks great! Tell us how the oysters were.
    My brother has a cabin on the Bon Secour, we go down there some times. Those red shrimp are great. Great restaurant called The Tin Top down there too!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·

Wow that looks great! Tell us how the oysters were.
    My brother has a cabin on the Bon Secour, we go down there some times. Those red shrimp are great. Great restaurant called The Tin Top down there too!

The oysters were very good. Usually I do them under the broiler, which crisps up the cheese nicely. I think I was shooting for the same color/look, which I'm not sure will happen in the egg. The wife liked the slight smokiness, but I think I may have slightly overlooked them. I tried one raw and they had a nice briny flavor, which I like in an oyster. Next time I will pull them off when my gut tells me to.
    ·
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    How long did you leave the oysters in?  I will have to try this - smoked oysters once on the egg but they were out of the shell.  Good pics and great cook!
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,781
    Good lord, sir. Thats my kind of meal. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • I have created a monster! Looks great!
    HOTTY TODDY!
    ·
  • bccomstockbccomstock Posts: 332
    This may be a dumb question, but what are "Oyster Selects"? I went to Whole Foods, hoping they had some, and was surprised to see they had Bon Secour, AL oysters for $.50 apiece. SWMBO was very happy.
    There's a guy in the Grand Bay area that has become a premium oyster grower.. It started as trying to rebuild the ecosystem and grew into a business for him.. Good story.

LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·

How long did you leave the oysters in?  I will have to try this - smoked oysters once on the egg but they were out of the shell.  Good pics and great cook!

I left them in about 15 min, but I should've pulled them as soon as the cheese melted.
    ·