Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday Cook & Spring Fever...

2»

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 6,768
    Thank you guys...

image.jpg 713.7K
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 938
    Mmmmmmm. I don't know what makes me more jealous: the great looking food, the case of Guinness or your living near Fred's. From the YouTube videos I've seen he is a bit of a nut job, but his store looks amazing. Lucky you on all 3 counts! Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,522

That is one bite I will kill for. !!! Very nice. I am goin shoppin early AM.

So what was the answer to the time question Hap. Really like your pictorials.

=D>

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Great cook Hapster !!
    ·
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    What a great cook - love the onion and peppers

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks good Hap. Got to get out to Fred's. only about 90 minutes away and have never been there.
    Aviator said:

=D>
    Thanks everyone. The time after 165 in the foil pan was just under 3 hours.
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Man that looks good
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
    Tjcoley said:

Looks good Hap. Got to get out to Fred's. only about 90 minutes away and have never been there.

Totally worth the trip. Fred is a down to earth guy and has got a lot of great stuff in his shop.
    ·
  • loveTheEggloveTheEgg Posts: 411
    hapster said:

=D>
    Thanks everyone. The time after 165 in the foil pan was just under 3 hours.
    Hap....you said you put it back on to reduce the juices...about how long did that take?
    Brandon, MS
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,553
    Great looking cook, bravo.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,017
    I'd hit that in a NY nanosecond ;)

·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Looks great Hap! =D>
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • Bham_eggerBham_egger Posts: 196
    Very nice cook. I've been wanting to try pulled beef. And the leftover possibilities are endless.
    ·
  • calracefancalracefan Posts: 495
    Where did you get the recipe Hap ?
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
    Where did you get the recipe Hap ?
    Others had posted this recipe on here... Next time, I will probably only use 1 jalapeno, 3 gave it just a touch too much heat for most.

http://wolfepit.blogspot.com/2009/10/pepper-stout-beef.html
    ·
  • calracefancalracefan Posts: 495
    Thanks !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • The leftovers would be awesome on nachos!
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Looks great. Did you figure out how to make the Maverick alarm? If not, its the button in the bottom right of the remote transmitter. Press it once and you should see a little icon pop up on the screen on Food and Barbecue, top left. 
    ·
  • On the short list. Looks great
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    Thats "AWESOME BABY"!  :-bd
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • loveTheEggloveTheEgg Posts: 411
    Made the pepper beef today for supper and it turned out GREAT!! My 3.59 pound roast took 4 hours at 160 grate to hit 165 IT. did not take a before picture but here is the finished product. :-)
    image.jpg 2.5M
    Brandon, MS
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Looks great! 

I took a page from your cook a couple weeks ago and did meatloaf and cauliflower mash that I roasted on the egg first. I'll make a post tomorrow, but a big thanks for the idea, it was delicious! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 873
    @hapster, congrats on the great cook. Need some thoughts if you have a minute. I did this last weekend and my wife picked up two 2lb chuck roasts as that is all Freddy's had. Did the at 260 dome temp till 165, pulled, then put it over the veggies in foil for an hour or so, unfoiled, pulled, then let it reduce down again. Turned out amazing.

This weekend went for the same recipe, but had wife pick up a chuck roast from the butcher, was 5 lbs. I put it on the egg at 280-290 dome as we had guests coming over and did not want to make them waiting for dinner. Took about 3 1/2 hours to get to 165. Pulled, foiled with veggies, then put back on at 350 for about 3 hours.

My issue is it never really got tender as the first one. I did not take a temp of the meat after I foiled it.... Thoughts?

We absolutely loved the first time, second time was ok, nothing to write home about.
    ·