Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

DP sampler update... with pics

I figured I would update the previous thread I started about the DP sampler. I didn't quite know how to add pics in with text so it looked kinda goofy, so I started a new thread, which I will try to update as I work through the samples [the text reads the same but flows better since the pics are with the text now].

I have tried 3 of 12 so far.

1. Ahi tuna steaks with DP Tsunami Spin and a Thai dipping sauce. I couldn't really taste the galangal and lemongrass notes this rub is supposed to have, but the dipping sauce has dominating flavors ( fish sauce, Thai chilies, lime) and the nanami togarashi and some real zing to the tuna as well. No fork shot, but they were maybe medium rare inside. i seared them for about 2 mins per side - next time I will try 1min per side.

2. Salmon filet with DP Raging River, lemon and dill - This one I liked! It really does taste good with salmon. And I take back what I said earlier about DP rubs having more salt than I like - the salt level was quite agreeable. In the egg at 350°F, indirect raised for about 20 mins or so until the thickest part of the filet was  about 150°F. I intentionally overcooked it since I wanted it firm for salad and/or dip later in the week.

3. Chicken with DP Swamp Venoom. I threw this on because I could. No space in the freezer so I couldn't freeze the bird, and since the egg was lit up anyways I let it hang out with the salmon, and then it stayed on while we ate dinner. Pulled when the breast was 160°F. Socked away in the fridge for later in the week, so I don't know how it tastes. I'm really looking forward to this one though.  

My photography skills leave much to be desired, but I blame it on a new light in the kitchen... and my phone's camera.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
·

Comments

• RACRAC Posts: 1,451
    Great looking cook's! I really like the DP stuff.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,287
    Look good from SC.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,142

is this on the egg?

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,428
    Gracious... All that looks good, but for me, the tuna steak steals the show. =P~
    ·
  • calracefancalracefan Posts: 498
    edited March 2013
    "Purple Hot Coals" ? What Temp is that ?
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • krobertsmsnkrobertsmsn Posts: 548
    All look great but the salmon looks amazing/beautiful! Great job.
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·