Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ARGHHH!!!!!

Just put chicken wings on and got paged!!
Ribs need to be foiled in an hour. Won't make that. Oh well lets see what happens. Got a buddy heading over that eggs and he can bring it all home.

XLBGE 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited March 2013
    Hope not this. I was watching a game and flat forgot them. Yep, adult beverages was involved. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Mickey loves to turbo everything :D
    I'm sitting at work waiting on the ambulance. @mickey that is hilarious. Must have been a good game.

Trey was coming to eat anyway. Ha him and my buddies will prolly have a party with my eggs at my house and I'll come home to a mess ad leftovers. Guess that's how my wife feels. Least they won't be passed out. They've gotta work tonight.

XLBGE 
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Man i said i like my wings on the crispy side but GMAB !!!
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Home run!! My buddy Trey saved the day. Showed up about 15 min after I left.

I came home to supper on the table!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 
  • Tell Trey he's hired. Great looking wings!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Charlie tuna
    Very nice, how much does he charge "per lesson" ?
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Good outcome to what could have been bad. Good friends are hard to come by even harder that you would trust with your egg!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    My neighbor came over one night at 10...said he got called in, policeman. Hooked up my maverick and stayed up. At 190 it started to drop...charcoal was gone. Foiled it and placed it in the oven. Cranked it up to 400, shut it off and put the butt in. Saved the day....i got squat.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Glad your buddy was there to step in at the end of the game to keep your good start going! Always nice to come home to a meal on the egg!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Mickey is just way too honest (that is the best picture ever).  Great that your cook was saved.  
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Mickey said:
    Hope not this. I was watching a game and flat forgot them. Yep, adult beverages was involved. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    been there done that!!!!!beverages as well!!lol!!
    :))
  • MrCookingNurse
    Guys I had both eggs loaded to the brim, baby back, ribs, sausage and Beep beep beep beep, heart attack in the ER, got in the car, flashers on ballin to the hospital... Called up trey gave him the low down on what was on the egg (he is a fellow egger, LBGE & MBGE)  he said "i can handle that"

I got home in time to sauce the wings, put the ribs on a plate and cheese the hash browns.  No pics we were all starving and the other guys had to report in for night shift in the CCU,  Amazing cook, started out with a wild LBGE over 800 and thanks to the small and trey turned out to be superb 

XLBGE 
  • What happened to the guy in the ER with the Heart Attack?
    Fort Mill, SC
  • He wasn't invited.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    henapple said:
    My neighbor came over one night at 10...said he got called in, policeman. Hooked up my maverick and stayed up. At 190 it started to drop...charcoal was gone. Foiled it and placed it in the oven. Cranked it up to 400, shut it off and put the butt in. Saved the day....i got squat.

Hey, were you not supposed to pay taxes and cook his dinner too? Sheesh!

I  know, OT and Off color as well. :) Ayaron will get me for this, again or it may be Eggcelsior.

=))

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• MrCookingNurse
    He wasn't invited.

=))

XLBGE 
  • Charlie tuna
    Was the heart attack victim an "egger" ??
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Glad you at least got to eat the cook you prepped even though Trey had to finish the cooking.  Nice work.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • MrCookingNurse
    ha i walked in the door and he was making beans, said, " ive been slaving over a hot egg all day and you just walk in expecting supper on the table!"

XLBGE 
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    I take it the MI treatment is more than an aspirin, sublingual nitro, morphine and a pat on the head? You had to go and leave the Egg? I take care of kids and we don't see the MI..... :))
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • MrCookingNurse
    flemster said:
    I take it the MI treatment is more than an aspirin, sublingual nitro, morphine and a pat on the head? You had to go and leave the Egg? I take care of kids and we don't see the MI..... :))
    you nailed MONA, but then you have to call the cath lab in and thats where I come in at

XLBGE 
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    Ah. Pediatric ICU here..... I put em on ECMO..... Bad flu season. But I'm off topic....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • MrCookingNurse
    @flemster

Sweet job! My wife did that in her preceptorship at a children's hospital. Loved the NICU but she is a stay at home mom now.  If we have to move for me to get a job later she would love to PRN NICU or PICU

XLBGE