Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Four Butts (PICS)

Options
Hasenpheffer
Hasenpheffer Posts: 156
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Meat went on at 6:00 and 8:00pm last night - dome temp 225 degrees.[p]DSCN2048.jpg

[p]I woke up at 3:30 am and found the dome temp had risen to 350 degrees - ARRRGGGH! The meat temp was already around 170. I quickly pulled the meat and let rest in a warm oven. I spent the next 1.5 hours trying to get the dome temp back down. I was finally successful. [p]Here's a pic a 7:00am - dome temp 220 degrees, meat 165 degrees[p]DSCN2051.jpg

Comments

• Smokin Bob
    Smokin Bob Posts: 239
    Options
    Hasenfeffer,[p]Sounds like a job for the Guru ; )
  • Hasenpheffer
    Options
    SmokinBoB,
    It's funny, I'll have a great cook with no problems what so ever and then whamo everything goes bonkers on the next cook. I keep telling myself I need to get the Guru but once I get rested again I change my mind. When will I ever learn??LOL

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Hasenfeffer,[p]You have no problem at all. Butts are the most forgiving things you can cook. The low temp at the beginning delivered plenty of smoke to the product, and the 350 dome was on the high end, but not excessive. The bark looks good in the second picture. Now just let them ride it out 'till they get to your target temp. Then take all the credit for a great feast.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Hasenpheffer
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Thanks for the encouragement. Your right, everything is just fine now - I just need a nap. They look and smell awesome. Can't wait to tear into them this evening.