Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cheeseburger Lunch (yes, with pics)

500500 Posts: 1,781
You've seen this before, so here's the pictures.
Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
"Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
image.jpg 2.7M
image.jpg 2.2M
image.jpg 1.9M

Comments

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Nice, I like that you grilled the buns too! Only way to go
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Looks great...I love grilled buns :)   I have such a craving for burgers but wife does not want that for dinner tonight...
  • 500500 Posts: 1,781
    Yes I think grilled buns are the only way. I feel it firms the bun enough so it doesn't fall apart under the juiciness of the burger. I also like to put Mayo on the bottom bun for the same reason. The fat in the Mayo will act as a barrier to protect the bun from getting soggy.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    @500 I have started using onion rolls (grilled as well ).
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,563

droooling so much right now. I love burgers and my wife loves em even more than I do....looks awesome!!!

<:-P
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Looks good I love burgers, you have to grill the bun but, melt cheese on it. And mayo as well. 
  • 500500 Posts: 1,781
    I like that idea @chris123stock, but how would you melt the cheese without burning the top of the bun?
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,697
    Makes me want a cheeseburger.