Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday Cook & Spring Fever...

hapsterhapster Posts: 7,056
Today looks like it's gonna be a beauty...

Just got back from Fred's... New Maverick 732, some oak chunks, pans, and a few rubs.

Going to fire the egg up shortly to get the chuckies on and going, using oak as the smoke wood. Really looking forward to the Peppered Stout Beef. Shame I had to get a whole case of Guinness... as I only need two cans for the dish.

I guess I might have to do some car bomb defusing later ;)
·

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,056
    Nice! Have fun and enjoy your egging day!
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191

hapster,

Don't worry about the extra Guinness, i don't think it will go bad by the time you find a use for it!! 

;)
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    @hapster and @MrCookingNurse those both sound like great plans! Getting both eggs going is fun! 

I need to get to the store and figure out a plan for myself. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • I'm shut out today.  We're going to my Mom's and she wants to go to a restaurant.  Tomorrow, I'll get some top notch bacon and Egg it for some lunchtime BOLTs.  That's a BLT with onion.  Since we're on Atkins, bread is not on the menu.  I guess I'll have to settle for a dynamite salad.  For supper, I pulled out a pork loin out of the freezer. I haven't figured out what to stuff it with yet. 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    More Salado fine tuning and experimenting today...don't want my bge forum card pulled.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,309
    @fred19flintsone

Breadcrumbs??

XLBGE 
    ·
  • I wish I could, but then Wilma would accuse me of being weak.  I can't let that happen!  I'm hoping the top notch bacon will make up for the lack of bread.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,309
    im sure bacon wont let you down

XLBGE 
    ·
    Here are a few pics so far... Like the maverick but I can't seem to figure out how to have the alarm go off. I have the pit set at 275 for a high point and its reading at 297 without a sound...

imageimage
    image.jpg 700.9K
    image.jpg 795.8K
    ·
  • Looking good already....
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Just finished cleaning my Egg and calibrating the thermometer, Gonna fire up around 2:30 and slow cook some ribs. Just opened a Newcastle to get me started.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,962
    As usual, great pics hap!

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Speaking of picks Hap, I looked at your photography site, you sir have some talent! Some very nice work, especially the nature scenes
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,527

Hap, to turn on the alert or alarm sound:

In the temperature mode, press and release the bottom right button. you will hear the chirp.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
    Aviator said:

Hap, to turn on the alert or alarm sound:

In the temperature mode, press and release the bottom right button. you will hear the chirp.

Thanks... Took me a while. :)) iPhone I got figured out, a simple thermo flummoxed me.

·

Thank you. Appreciate you takin a look. Been a while since I've taken any images besides food :) Hoping in a few weeks to get some time for shooting at the beach.

Thanks Nola!

Speaking of picks Hap, I looked at your photography site, you sir have some talent! Some very nice work, especially the nature scenes

·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024

I wish I could, but then Wilma would accuse me of being weak.  I can't let that happen!  I'm hoping the top notch bacon will make up for the lack of bread.

grill up a couple of portabella mushroom caps and use those instead of bread.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
    To what temperatur are you going with that chuck??
    ·
    Taking it to 165 IT and then into the pan for about 3 hours until its fork shred ready, shred and mix and back on uncovered till the liquid is halved
    ·
    Do you monitor the internal temperature while in the pan, or just cook to time? I did something like this a few months ago, might be the same recope, but it took a long time to reach a pulling temperature???   Beef is much different than pork !
    ·
    Probably just watch till tender rather than temp...
    ·
  • Looks good.
    ·

Looks good.

Thanks... Getting there and it smells amazing. Grid is at about 400. No going to worry about it...

·
    Pulled at just under 3 hours and back on uncovered to reduce the juice a bit... Tastes fantastic.... Can't wait for dinner in about an hour or so...

image.jpg 752.9K
    ·
  • Dang that looks awesome,  I can smell it thru the screen.  Enjoy.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    You and your awesome cooks....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    edited March 2013
    Knowing this tases better than "pulled pork" ---   wow  --- great job - once again!!
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,857
    Hap what was the overall time to cook? I have a 3.8lb I am doin tomorrow

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·