Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dizzy Dust

Thanks to the recommendation of just about everyone on the board just picked up my first bottle of dizzy dust and swamp venom.

I'm hoping the swamp venom will replace my Tonys in the spice cabinet and dizzy dust will be my go to spice rub

I hear its great on everything.

Now on to the Cajun spatchcock.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas

Comments

• IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I am so so on dizzy dust. Pretty good, but not my fave. Many better I my opinion. Glad you like it though, it is a preference thing. Swampy is da stash though, good stuffy there.
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 203
    +1 on the Swamp Venom. It's my favorite DP product.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    I love DD on ribs.  Texas BBQ Grand Championship rub for pork butts and briskets.  As @IrishDevl said there are many excellent rubs and you will find your favs.
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,687
    I used Tony's for years but haven't since i bought dd.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 338
    Omg. The DD/swamp venom combo on the Cajun checken was AMAZING and a huge success.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas