Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Beef Back Ribs - Need Suggestions

All, Was at Kroger tonight and saw, for the first time, beef back ribs! I bought a 2 rack pack and was wondering if any of you have suggestions on how to cook? Rub? Just S& P! Time? Temp? Etc. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks! Ice

Comments

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,223
    Here's what I do. Salt, fresh pepper ground, garlic powder, onion powder. Maybe a bit of worcheschire (sp) kinda in a paste. Egg 275-300 indirect oak or mesquite smoke let em ride 3-4 hours until there is significant pull back on the bone usually about an inch. Check for tenderness with a tooth pick. Then I pull the plate setter and kinda sear the outside to get some burnt crusty going like 60 secs a side.
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,223
    Here's what I do. Salt, fresh pepper ground, garlic powder, onion powder. Maybe a bit of worcheschire (sp) kinda in a paste. Egg 275-300 indirect oak or mesquite smoke let em ride 3-4 hours until there is significant pull back on the bone usually about an inch. Check for tenderness with a tooth pick. Then I pull the plate setter and kinda sear the outside to get some burnt crusty going like 60 secs a side.
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 1,971

I like a good peppery beef rub, then smoke them up at around 275 done temp until they have a nice pull back. They should be nice, juicy and fall off the bone when they're done...almost like pot roast on a stick.  ;)  Usually takes around 4 hours, if I recall. 

You can serve them with a good Texas-style barbecue sauce on the side if you'd like....something not too sweet would be good IMO.  Oak is a great choice for beef ribs IMO too. 

2014 Co-Wing King
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 417
    Adam Perry Lang has a great recipe. Also, check out the search on this site. I think you will find "Nibble Me This" recipe. His is based on the Adam Perry Lang recipe. Both are simply wonderful.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini