Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Dust

Options
Thanks to the recommendation of just about everyone on the board just picked up my first bottle of dizzy dust and swamp venom.

I'm hoping the swamp venom will replace my Tonys in the spice cabinet and dizzy dust will be my go to spice rub

I hear its great on everything.

Now on to the Cajun spatchcock.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas

Comments

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    I am so so on dizzy dust. Pretty good, but not my fave. Many better I my opinion. Glad you like it though, it is a preference thing. Swampy is da stash though, good stuffy there.
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options
    +1 on the Swamp Venom. It's my favorite DP product.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    I love DD on ribs.  Texas BBQ Grand Championship rub for pork butts and briskets.  As @IrishDevl said there are many excellent rubs and you will find your favs.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I used Tony's for years but haven't since i bought dd.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    Omg. The DD/swamp venom combo on the Cajun checken was AMAZING and a huge success.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas