Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermoworks Infrared Thermometer Sale

A while ago someone posted a link to an open box sale by Thermoworks selling Thermapens for half off. It was much appreciated! I got an email this morning so here you go. http://www.thermoworks.com/products/ir/index_open_box_sale_march_13.html?utm_source=Nl-2013mar9&utm_medium=email&utm_term=feature&utm_content=inbox&utm_campaign=open-box_ir_2013_cs
Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Thanks man

XLBGE 
  • Mkline
    Mkline Posts: 180
    perfect! needed one. if you order make you get one that has the temp range you need. 
  • jimreed777
    jimreed777 Posts: 324
    sweet - thanks - picked up the yellow gun - been wanting one for pizza cooks.
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Happy to help!
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Got mine a coming.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• jerryp
    jerryp Posts: 232
    Thermoworks stuff rocks. I bought their dual probe thermocouple thermometer kit and couldn't be more pleased with it.  The probes are rugged as hell and the accuracy is incredible. I bought it because I loved my thermapen so much.
  • OLD NORTH STATE BBQ CO.
    edited March 2013
    FYI- I had some trouble with my "open box" Thermopen I purchased last year. Unfortunately there are no returns with an open box purchase. I've since bought one brand new and it's drastically better. Anybody considering the open box sale should just spend the extra $20 and get a new one. That being said, it's an awesome product.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    According to the site the full warranty still applies. Did they honor that with you?
  • RLeeper said:
    According to the site the full warranty still applies. Did they honor that with you?

I may be mistaken, but I believe it was sold "as is". Maybe things have changed or I'm just wrong. I doubt they would have taken it back anyway.  It was still functional, but was terribly inaccurate on hot cooks like burgers and steaks.  Still hit 212* on the boiling test.  I messed with it for months before going with the new one.  

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    RLeeper said:

I may be mistaken, but I believe it was sold "as is". Maybe things have changed or I'm just wrong. I doubt they would have taken it back anyway.  It was still functional, but was terribly inaccurate on hot cooks like burgers and steaks.  Still hit 212* on the boiling test.  I messed with it for months before going with the new one.  
    I'd give it a shot. Their CS is outstanding from what I've read. People getting replacements 1 year out of warranty and the like. As far as I am aware, the only difference between new and open-box is the price and the non-returnable status; warranty is the same.