Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flat Iron Steak Sandwiches

Options
The next day after the storm hit us pretty good we had a taste for some steak.  However, our butcher was closed that day because of the snow so we went to Whole Foods and got 1 3/4 lb Flat Iron steak and grilled it up....I dusted it with some Cow Lick Seasoning

Yep my 5 year old son thought it'd be great to photo bomb the picture so I let him :)

I got the Egg up to about 650 or so and let me tell you I really do miss my CI grates I now know I will be buying it within the month because i miss them so much!

I got the internal temp of the Flat Iron to about 140 and let it rest for 8 minutes...

WE bought some pretzel rolls as well from Whole Foods.  I sauteed up some peppers and onions, spread some garlic herb mayo on the sandwich and topped with Mozzarella Cheese

Sandwich was great, I still can't decide which seasoning I like more "Raising the Steaks" or "Cow Lick"
Large BGE

Comments