Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help. Vegetarians commin over!

2»

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,829
    How do you tell a vegan at a party? Don't worry, they'll let you know. 
    That is funny...and so true! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,125
    Asparagus, zucchini wedges, brussel sprouts (cut in half) and carrots all grill up nicely - especially if you marinate +/- drizzle them with some salad dressing. Italian and Asian toasted sesame both work very well.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,829
    "Soggy" means "Flavor" --  but it wasn't too soggy to eat!
    That looks great Charlie!  I am typically a carnivore but I would be all over that. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 900
    We need to hear from the Great @Doceggeron ; He's a vege machine.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    "Soggy" means "Flavor" --  but it wasn't too soggy to eat!
    That looks great Charlie!  I am typically a carnivore but I would be all over that. 

I couldn't tell the difference between 80/20 ground chuck and this mushroom!!

Now, i tripped over something on my last cook ---  WARNING - GASSER RELATED

I was grilling some corn on the cobb, and wanted to do some grilled veggies so i didn't have room on my egg.  So i cranked up the gasser yo high.  As i had cut brussel spouts in hald, along with some sliced fresh mushrooms and baby asparagus and reached for some Italian salad dressing -- there was none!!  Next thing i came across was Vinigarette, so i tossed the veggies with it and it really came out good..

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519

Well thanks guys and Gals for all the input. I went ahead and made the meal, will post it in a separate thread.

Not a bad idea to keep veggie recipes going.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,635
    some veggies eat fish, ask them, then atleast you can do scallops shrimp, tuna steaks etc if they do. lack of protein screws with their brains, some wont even eat honey cause the bees were enslaved
    :)) you could also cook them a big tofu steak right next to your ribeye
    :D
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 839
    edited March 2013
    @charlie_tuna: doesn't look soggy to me! I'm going to have to do these next week. 

And vegan is tough. Had to cook for a celiac vegan once, and I fretted for a week. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • I came into this thread too late :( For future reference I'd grill asparagus brushed with some EVOO and salt/pepper  :> make these vegetarians and vegans pay for your troubles ~X( They will love the natural charcoal taste the asparagus absorbs during the cook but will pay for it later when use the restroom to pee :-&

Claremont, CA - XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,125

"pay for it"?

I see that fragrance as part of the reward of having eaten a good dish.  More foods should be like that.

:)

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,475
    Foghorn said:

"pay for it"?

I see that fragrance as part of the reward of having eaten a good dish.  More foods should be like that.

:)
    Or for hitting a skunk. With that scent in the air, spring is coming!
    ·

Yep, asparagus made any way you choose or even hide in a dish will give itself away when ya pee. Or beets when you aaahhh!

That is not necessarily a bad thing.

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    My daughter has gone veggie so we try to do veggie at least twice a week. The eggplant and the portabella burgers look great. I would remove the gills from the caps MHO. We do some great black bean burgers. I'll post a cook later. Good job on the Cook I'm sure your friends appreciated your effort!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
    Ty Dawg. They did. It was late and we were all hungry and the Egg brought it home rather nicely.

Chattanooga, TN.

·
    edited March 2013

I consider myself as a compulsive meat-eater and my interest is never piqued when it comes to veggie food. Leftovers? Veggie? Are you "talkin to ME?"

Guess what I am fixin to enjoy for dinner tonight?

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,493
    My better 3rd (by weight) went vegan a couple weeks ago. If they are vegetarian not so bad if they are vegan buy salad.
    ·
  • Bham_eggerBham_egger Posts: 196

ABTs, sans bacon, but use naga jolokia peppers.  I hear vegetarians luv them peppers....  ;)

Hahahahaha! Yesssssss!

=))
    ·