Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So after my dealer quoted me the prices for new Eggs....

Options
I just took some Barry Bonds medication and put the medium on the deck. Just couldn't see spending what he wanted me to at complete MSRP with nothing discounted on the small or the mini.  Going to look for another dealer that's a drive away I guess.
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Do you have any Fests around you? Or any friends going to Fests ?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Nothing near me @Mickey that I know of.  Next year I need to put my foot down about how my vacation is spent before we book. I'd really like to make it to a Colorado fest or down to Salado next year.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Mickey
    Options
    Where are you?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Scottborasjr
    edited March 2013
    Options
     Nebraska, There was a dealer in a smaller town that did a fest a couple years back but don't think that he has done it since. I know there are smaller fests in other towns but if I'm going to go more then two hours away I might as well go big or stay home.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    sad day man, i was hoping to see your new egg!

XLBGE 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Trust me @MrCookingNurse I was hoping to see it as well. There is one more dealer in town that I will go to tomorrow and even though I haven't purchased from them before I will see what they have to say. Just couldn't see spending over 700 dollars just to bring the small home.
  • Scottborasjr
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I agree
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    How far away from Norfolk are you? They are having a Eggfest on April 27th. Smokin Buddies Grills and Gear Eggfest 

Here are two places to check for other eggfests:

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    It's about two and a half hours away, thanks @Solson005 I was looking in a different town. Thanks for the links.
    ^:)^
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Sure happy to help, now I just need to find someone to bring back the Oklahoma City Fest or take time off for Salado to try and win one of the minis given away! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Mickey
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Never mind

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    @Mickey, please don't say never mind your posts have helped me as much as anyone on this or the "other" thread.  I really respect your opinion and really appreciate everything you have done to help my cooking.  I really do dream of making it to Salado one day to hopefully meet you and some of the others.
  • Mickey
    edited March 2013
    Options
    @Scottborasjr I was trying to hid what an idiot I am. Saw you were close to Norfolk and thinking of the WRONG Norfolk to suggest a couple of Fests (East Coast).

• Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    edited March 2013
    Options
    there should be a multi egg discount, like when you have more than one kid in private school or bundle your home motorcycle and car insurance... 

Good idea. SV Sounds do this if you purchase a sub. Your second purchase doesn't matter when is 5 or 10% off. I forget which. SV is a speaker and subwoofer ID company and a Sub in this case is a subwoofer...not food. I have the PB13 Ultra shakes the house when watching blurays :)
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    Take him a price chart from an Eggfest, Even if it's a few hours away. That's what I did, and got a great deal on my large. Factoring in gas money, I came out with the exact same as the fest price. It took a few times of him saying no before I offered to buy all accessories from him, in addition to multiple bags of coal at once. He finally gave in and I got a great deal. Not sure if it'll work with your dealer, but worth a shot to save a few hundred dollars.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590