Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Egg Armoire

Soon after getting my new egg, with the only accessory being the plate setter, I realized I would need storage for the various pizza stones, grids, tools and of course charcoal that I would acquire in the future.  I looked with envy at the tables built by other Eggheads, but I couldn't afford that route.  I started planning an outdoors storage box, with maybe a table top, out of cypress and the cost was still beyond what I was able to justify.  Although the wife was not complaining about the clutter in den that leads to the back porch grill, I could see the need to resolve the issue soon! 

Then I remembered an old cedar armoire that a friend gave me so I could salvage the wood.  It was perfect, plus it was cluttering up my workshop (garage) since I hadn't dismantled it yet.  So I added a waterproof top and stuck some shelves inside, and I now have a clear spot in the den where there was a bunch of Egg accessories and bins of charcoal.

It is by no means finished, but it is functional.  I have to caulk some wide openings to thwart the wasps.  I have to level the box and set a pitch for rain water run off.  But I can keep grillin!
no, not -that- one!
KI4PSR

Comments